Progress report: Q1 2023
The Banks Public Partnership
PHOTOS—Main: Workers begin installing one of the dance towers along the Cincinnati Black Music Walk of Fame. Upper right: Developer announced a lease with Red Leprechaun on West Freedom Way. Lower right: Cincinnati celebrated the 2023 Opening Day on March 30.
January, February, and March were busy months at The Banks!
- Public Parties construction continued throughout the year. The Cincinnati Black Music Walk of Fame took shape on Lot 28.
- Business at The Banks was fueled this quarter by:
- The Cincinnati Bengals and their run-up to the Super Bowl
- A February news conference and tour of the Cincinnati Black Music Walk of Fame
- Black History Month and Women’s History Month events at the National Underground Railroad Freedom Center (voted #1 Best History Museum in USA Today poll)
- Women in Baseball exhibit at the Reds Museum and Hall of Fame
- Moerlein Lager House’s Fire and Ice Festival
- Smale Riverfront Park attractions (voted #4 Best Riverfront Park in USA Today poll)
- Brady Center Concerts
- St. Patrick’s Day Parade
- The Findlay Market Opening Day Parade
- Cincinnati Reds Opening Day
- Killer Queen announced an April opening, as construction continued at the site on the north side of East Freedom Way between The Holy Grail and The Tin Roof. Variable Message Signage (VMS) and Digital Message Signs communicated vital information on parking and wayfinding along the riverfront.
- Anderson Real Estate announced a lease with Red Leprechaun, an Irish pub, for space on the north side of West Freedom Way between Taste of Belgium and The Escape Room.
- Variable Message Signage (VMS) and Dynamic Message Signs communicated vital information on parking and wayfinding along the riverfront.
PHOTOS—Left: Crews begin planting trees to add to the landscape of the Cincinnati Black Music Walk of Fame. Center: Workers install pavers along the Cincinnati Black Music Walk of Fame. Right: Sample pavers etched with stars are under review for placement along the Cincinnati Black Music Walk of Fame.
Phase I, II, IIIA, IIIB and IIIC Small Business Enterprise (SBE) participation 1/1/08 through 3/31/23.
Phase I, II, IIIA and IIIB Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE)
Goal/participation varied by project, between 4% and 9%.
Money paid to SBE and DBE contractors 1/1/08 through 3/31/23.
Percentage of workforce living within the 26-county Consolidated Metropolitan Statistical Area*
* Phase I, II, IIIA, IIIB, and VMS Phase II from 1/1/08 through 2/28/23. There are no local residency participation goals for the project.
Combined Minority and Women Workforce Participation 1/1/22 through 2/28/23 for Phase IIIC
Public Parties construction safety hours for all phases from 1/1/08 through 3/31/23.
The Public Parties project work remained within budget.
All Public Parties work is on schedule for 2023.
Workers install granite along the west wall of the Cincinnati Black Music Walk of Fame.
Third Street Dynamic Message Signage guided traffic on Opening Day.
The Banks Radio “The Soundtrack of Cincinnati” on iHeart Radio was announced.
This Instagram post teased the planned summer opening of Red Leprechaun Irish Pub.
Spring flowers bloom in the Smale Riverfront Park Women’s Garden.
A sunny day at Smale Riverfront Park included enjoying the Rosenberg Swings.
Additional Media Information
Further details are available here.
* Impressions equals the number of times users saw the tweet on Twitter.
‡ Engagements is the total number of times users have interacted with a tweet, including retweets, replies, follows, and likes.
Opening of Killer Queen on East Freedom Way.
Variable Message Signage Phase III (parking guidance within the Intermodal Transit Facility/Central Riverfront Garage) project team will review qualified bidders.
Work toward the completion of Lot 28 development will continue, with a ribbon-cutting and opening celebration for the Cincinnati Black Music Walk of Fame scheduled for Saturday, July 22, 2023.
Construction of Red Leprechaun, an Irish pub on West Freedom Way will continue toward a summer opening.